Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline

Default Batteries That Do Not Leak w/Age?

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 21:01:43 -0500, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Is there any such thing as an alkaline battery that does not leak with
age?

I just had my second episode of Mallory Duracells gooping up a
flashlight.

If the answer is "no", can anybody venture a proactive replacement
interval for size "C" cells?

Duracell is notorious for leaks. I've pounded out a couple from my two 3D
cell lights before switching to Energizer.

I don't think any of the popular brands are better or worse than the
other. My experience has been just the opposite of of the above poster.
I use Duracells almost exclusively because I have had nothing but
trouble with Energizers. So you make your choice and make periodic
checks on your devices. Yes a PIA.

Chuck P.