Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Batteries That Do Not Leak w/Age?

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 10:53:18 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Jeff Liebermann:

How old were the batteries?

Dunno, but now I am going to start putting a strip of electrical
tape on each device and writing the battery date on it.

Umm... it's kinda difficult to scribble on electrical tape. I suggest
a stick on address label instead.

With that in place, I think 12-month replacement sounds
reasonable. I'm not going for the last dime, just want the thing
to work when I need it.

When the site comes back up, you might want to dig through:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com
Most of the users in that forum make their own flashlights (and
bicycle lights) because the commercial stuff is either overpriced or
not very reliable.

Note: The 5 year battery cycle time is my guess and may not reflect
reality. I'll ask the local emergency services people what they
consider to be reasonable.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D