Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default HVLP question spraying water-based poly

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Nov 27, 10:01 am, "dadiOH" wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

blueman wrote:
As a newbie to HVLP, I have encountered the following problem...
I am spraying Minwax (water-based) Polycrylic semi-gloss
polyurethane.

FYI, polycrylic is not polyurethane. It is acrylic and urethane is
*MUCH* harder and therefore scratch resistant.

Don't assume that harder means more scratch resistant.

Scratch resistance is one of the defining characteristics of hardness.

Not to get all 'clarke' about this, but tire rubber is, in terms of
hardness. very soft but very scratch resistant.

Hmm. I'll have to remember that the next time my wife scrubs a curb. {:-)

Max