Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Purpose of Relief Cut on Back of Baseboard Molding

On 11/27/2010 11:55 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Nov 27, 11:32 am, wrote:

LOL ... but I really do like that Miterfast Angle Transfer Device:

http://www.festoolusa.com/products/s...er-saws/genera...

Be worth having just on general principles ...

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I use a Bosch digital protractor and divide by2. The gauges on my
mitre saws are calibrated as best as I know, and the consistent
results seem to bear that out....BUT, that Festool tool, dammit, seems
a whole lot easier and idiot proof and my division skills get all head-
achy when it comes to degrees, minutes, and seconds. I still think we
should metricate(?) angular measurements..like a full circle is 1000
degrees.G

As an old redleg Artilleryman, that would be 6400 mils ...

Dealing with Festool stuff lately I'm getting fairly conversant with
metric again, but I do have an inches to metric converter app on my
DroidX just in case.

Leon and I both now have Festool's Parallel Guide Sets for precision
breaking down of full sheets of plywood and they're all metric. So much
easier to have 20 or 30 sheets delivered and just cut on top of the
stack with a 4 x 8 piece of foam:

http://picasaweb.google.com/karlcail...96561727881746

Getting too damn old and stiff to do otherwise ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010