Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Purpose of Relief Cut on Back of Baseboard Molding

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 09:55:54 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Nov 27, 11:32*am, Swingman wrote:
On 11/27/2010 10:04 AM, Swingman wrote:

On 11/27/2010 9:07 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Swingman" wrote

Yeah, a real hack job by a real hack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqjef...layer_embedded

6:52

... go figure, eh?

My step-father would be laughing himself silly watching that. He'd make
a perfect fit and never used caulk.

Of course he didn't, the painter who followed him up did.

LOL ... but I really do like that Miterfast Angle Transfer Device:

http://www.festoolusa.com/products/s...er-saws/genera...

Be worth having just on general principles ...

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I use a Bosch digital protractor and divide by2. The gauges on my
mitre saws are calibrated as best as I know, and the consistent
results seem to bear that out....BUT, that Festool tool, dammit, seems
a whole lot easier and idiot proof and my division skills get all head-
achy when it comes to degrees, minutes, and seconds.

For $140...

I still think we
should metricate(?) angular measurements..like a full circle is 1000
degrees. G

Metrification already been done, but it's not 1000 divisions per circle,
rather 2*Pi. Now that'll make you head hurt when cutting crown molding (makes
it easy for engineers). ;-)