Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HVLP question spraying water-based poly

In article ,
says...

J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

blueman wrote:
As a newbie to HVLP, I have encountered the following problem...
I am spraying Minwax (water-based) Polycrylic semi-gloss
polyurethane.

FYI, polycrylic is not polyurethane. It is acrylic and urethane is
*MUCH* harder and therefore scratch resistant.

Don't assume that harder means more scratch resistant.

Scratch resistance is one of the defining characteristics of hardness.

So tell us the engineering definition of "hardness" and quote your
source.