Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Need dolly ramp recommendations

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 00:58:07 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 11/27/2010 12:26 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 20:54:17 -0800, wrote:

Hi All,

I need to be doing some moving of appliances into and
out of my garage in to my house. The rise from outside
of my house over the sill is 6". My refrigerator dolly can do
this, but I am getting a little old for the power/strength
it takes. The drop over the side of the sill on the
inside of the house looks to be only about 3/4".

Is there some kind on ramp I can put in from of the sill
so that I do not have to go 6" straight up? Reusable,
portable? Do these things securely hold my dolly with
refrigerator attached?

Many thanks,
-T

If you have a power saw, making a ramp with some 2x6 and plywood is
pretty easy

I've seen some metal end pieces for sale at hardware outlets in the past
that you can bolt on your own 2x10 boards to make ramps. Amazon sells a
few them.

http://www.amazon.com/Lund-602002-Ra.../dp/B0007Y7Q10

I second those. I picked up a set at Lowes for $20- threw onto some
2x8's and have loaded & unloaded the trailer with ease- and wrangled a
washing machine up a 4step stoop by myself.

Jim

TDD