Posted to alt.home.repair
bpuharic bpuharic is offline

Default Toilet Clog?

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 21:12:12 -0500, Don Green
wrote:

My toilet/drain has a clog in it. I can tell by the half assed way it
flushes.

I tried the usual things, like a plunger, hot water, and even a toilet
auger. I can get the toilet auger all the way down and turn it with
the handle. It comes out clean, toiletstill doesn't flush right.

I assume then that my clog is farther down than that, (maybe in the
stack?).

Any thoughts?

could be the vent on the roof. i had a problem with the kitchen sink
draining slowly....tried the same things you did. turns out the roof
vent was clogged with leaves. had to run a snake through the vent and
cut a section of pipe out under the sink to get the leaves out.