Posted to uk.d-i-y
Caecilius[_2_] Caecilius[_2_] is offline

Default LED lamp sellers with 'equivalent' ordinary lamp wattages - anywhere?

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 22:04:22 +0000, wrote:
I'm looking for 12 volt LED lamps for our boat and I can find
*nowhere* that gives any sort of indication of how bright they are.
How can I decide what to buy if I haven't a clue whether the lamp is
the equivalent of a 6 watt incandescent or a 60 watt incadescent?

Don't they have the light output in lumens on them?

If they do, then that's a better way to compare light output than
"wattage equivalant" figures, which tend to be a bit optimistic.

Some approximate figures for 240V incandescent bulbs a

100W 1300 lumens
60W 700 lumens