Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Need dolly ramp recommendations

On Nov 26, 8:54*pm, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

I need to be doing some moving of appliances into and
out of my garage in to my house. *The rise from outside
of my house over the sill is 6". *My refrigerator dolly can do
this, but I am getting a little old for the power/strength
it takes. *The drop over the side of the sill on the
inside of the house looks to be only about 3/4".

Is there some kind on ramp I can put in from of the sill
so that I do not have to go 6" straight up? *Reusable,
portable? *Do these things securely hold my dolly with
refrigerator attached?

Many thanks,
-T

My parents' garage had ~4" step from the slab to side yard walk
way.
To make it easier to move a wheel barrow, wheeled trash containers or
other items over the obstruction, I made a ramp out of 3/4" plywood.
I was about 18" to 24" but I cannot recall exactly.

To do the 6" rise, I would suggest ramp 3' to 4' wide.

cheers
Bob