Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson[_4_] Trevor Wilson[_4_] is offline

Default Batteries That Do Not Leak w/Age?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Is there any such thing as an alkaline battery that does not leak
with age?

I just had my second episode of Mallory Duracells gooping up a
flashlight.

If the answer is "no", can anybody venture a proactive
replacement interval for size "C" cells?

**Yep, although the answer is probably not going to help you all that much.
Back in 1986, I purchased a JVC TV set. The remote control came fitted with
three JVC branded alkaline batteries (AA size). I finally handed the set
over to a family member back in 2000. I figured I should check the
batteries, even though the remote worked fine. Sure enough, the batteries
weren't leaking, but the cell Volts had fallen to less than 1 Volt in each.
A new set of cells and I handed the set over.

JVC alkalines rule!

I've never seen another JVC branded alkaline.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au