Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tm tm is offline

Default Batteries That Do Not Leak w/Age?

"Allodoxaphobia" wrote in message
ig.com...
On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 21:01:43 -0500, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Is there any such thing as an alkaline battery that does not leak
with age?

I just had my second episode of Mallory Duracells gooping up a
flashlight.

If the answer is "no", can anybody venture a proactive
replacement interval for size "C" cells?

And, can anyone suggest a good technique to extract bad, swollen
"C" batteries (accumulators) out of a Mag-Lite flashlight (torch)?

Lately I've been thinking "a good old fashioned cork-screw!"

The flashlight (torch) looks ok otherwise...

Jonesy

I use a course 4.5 inch deck screw and vise grips. Some PB Blaster sprayed
in first and allow to soak.