Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default CordPro -- Extension cord storage & usage

Gerald Miller wrote:
On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 03:58:59 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:44:17 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

dan wrote:
I've found a left/right coil works pretty well.

Starts like any coiling, but every second coil is twisted underneath,
not just laid on top. Hard to explain, but easy to do. Won't solve
all problems but the best I've found so far.

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiPRI...eature=related

This is the method I and virtually eveyone I know does cables.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaEv9wm6gy0

Gunner

When I bought my first 100 footer, my neighbour tried to convince me
that I should do it that way. I still do the old six foot loops and a
couple wraps around the middle then toss it over the bar in the shed.
Mind you I only use it twenty or thirty times per year but I am still
using that same cord.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

This afternoon, I tried the method Bob cited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiPRI...eature=related

I could deploy by hanging on to one end and
tossing the extension just like it shows in
the video. It fell straight out without
tangling! Thassa good tip!

--Winston