Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Palm Nailer

On Nov 26, 10:58*am, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

On Nov 22, 8:17 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:

I bought a new Ridgid plam nailer, because a few places I need to add
braces
between studs there is no elbow room, there is no room and the block wall
is
to my left, and I am right handed, with copper pipes and rigid elecrtrical
conduits in the way, so no way to use a hammer. Also needed to use those
Simpson ties on some roof and ceiling pieces.

I opened the box and tried six nails (8d) and each one I tried I bent the
nail. I was not even pushing real hard.

Any special tricks?
It's amazing you had the patience for six nail attempts. *You're
inspiring.

RicodJour, to explain it a bit better, the plumber that roughed in my shower
ended up cutting one stud complelely away (it's a load bearing wall) when
all he needed to do was drill two 3/4" holes. *I made a square cut of the
stud above and below, and inserted a new piece to fit tightly in between,
then I wanted to nail in two sister studs to each side, but the copper pipes
and electrical conduits were in the way of me getting a hammer in there to
be able to have any sort of swing more than two inches, and I had to swing
from left to right with my left hand (I am right handed), that's why I tried
a palm nailer thinking it could deliver more punch with less "latitude".

LOL... It sounds to me like you could have taken care of the entire
problem
with tiny piece of stud you fitted back in and a short piece of angle
iron to
reinforce it -- sistering additional studs onto your repair sounds
excessive
in this situation...

~~ Evan