Posted to rec.woodworking
Rich Rich is offline

Default Purpose of Relief Cut on Back of Baseboard Molding

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Father Haskell" wrote

You'll still have to caulk it in, but not so heavily as
if it wasn't backed out. *Light* bead, lay down with a
wet finger, goes fast.

Caulking is a HACK job. I don't know of a decent build house that has
caulk in the trim.

I don't know of any homes built that doesnt get caulk on painted trim. It
give it the finishing touches. If the trim is white I always caulk after the
walls have been painted. Been trimming for a long time and caulking has
always been part of the finished job. No walls are straight and plum and
there is nothing worse then trim running down a wood floor looking like a
Railroad Track in the Rockies.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"