Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Three wheeled car

On 11/26/2010 12:45 AM, Dave H. wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote...

http://www.wimp.com/reliantrobin/

I thought that looked unstable.

--

Having been passenger in one around the winding lanes of Wales... Damn Right
they're unstable!

If building a 3-wheeler, put the single wheel *at the back*, or it'll lift
the inside rear if you touch the brakes in a bend, famous for it...

Every time I see one of those I start totting up the manufacturing cost
of a differential vs. two undriven wheels in front, and I wonder _why_
they went and made the damn things that way. I suppose they were
stressing rear seat capacity over anything resembling handling, but still...

I thought it was a hilarious sendup, even if I've never seen one in
person, much less ridden in it.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services