Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Door Bell Transformer

On Nov 26, 9:33*am, "John" wrote:
I have just received a home energy monitor and spend a while trying to track
down where my last 2p of electricity was being used.

I found that isolating the door-bell circuit breaker made a difference. This
circuit feeds an adjacent Freidland transformer (house built in 1988) which
feeds a satisfyingly loud buzzer and an illuminated button.

I wondered if there is a more modern equivalent to the iron transformer that
is suitable for this purpose as I recall reading that switched mode power
supplies do not have a resistive load.

Please don't shoot me down for being tight - but this thing is on
continuously and if there is a simple alternative then I would like to
consider it - but I quite like the illuminated button and the loud buzzer
which is only the size of a cotton bobbin. Most bing bongs look naff IMHO..

If you are that way inclined, don't forget your electric ooker (if ou
have one and if it's left turned on) The clock and associated
electrics uses power.