Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Klingspor Sanding Belts / $29 for 30 belts (!?)

Who says hundreds. You can buy 1.
A box of belts is for those who use them.

I buy box of rolls - fine size. Those are a mixture
of cloth and some paper - vary with and grit - nice sheets
or pads for my palm sander.

Martin

On 11/25/2010 2:50 PM, George W Frost wrote:
wrote in message
George W Frost wrote:

Must bet myself one or two of those there belts, if they last ten years
or more

The adhesive won't hold up indefinitely...I love the belts and the value
but unless you're using them pretty consistently, the adhesive is only
rated for a year. It'll last well longer than that, but I've lost a box
or two over the years when other things intervened or type of work changed
and they haven't gotten used.

Have had long conversation w/ their engineers on resuscitating them w/ no
outright success--their adhesive is proprietary and unavailable to
consumer (for one thing, it's cure process is equipment-costly). When
old, they fail within a few minutes when heat builds up...

That said, others of similar age fail, too...

Recommend Klingspor still, just don't expect them to last indefinitely.

--

Looking at them , the prices comparing them to what I can here is well under
half the cost