Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default Almost fell for this one at Lows Dewalt 18volt Drill

On 11/25/2010 11:17 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
On 11/24/2010 3:40 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:
Lows# 185475
Dewalt#

Dang, this thing has probably been sitting in a wharehouse for
years. NiCd batteries. Dewalt doesn't even list it on their web site.

Not really true. DeWalt does make the NiCads for their tools. I just
bought 2 of the 18 volt ones with 2010 date codes for use with both a
circular saw and recip saw. What I don't know is do they still make
tools with NiCads instead of LiIon batteries. BTW, I was really bummed
out when I saw the Lowe's ad because I paid about $80 for 2 batteries
and I could have gotten a good drill for only $20 more.

The thing is, when did they stop making tools that use NiCads? There is
a good chance the batteries were packaged with the drills and are a few
years old and never properly charged. Just the fact that Dewalt doesn't
show any reference to that drill on their web site sounds a little odd
to me.