Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Harbor Freight Multi tool

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 00:10:40 -0600, wrote:

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:00:13 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

HF on sale this weekend with coupon for $19.99.

That's a good deal.

Might be a good deal if you only want to use it ONCE and then toss it
in the garbage. EVERYTHING sold at Harbor Freight is GARBAGE, right
off the shelf.

Besides the multi-tool I picked up a flat pry bar and a pack of the
LED flashlights while I was there.
Think I got a cheap drill set too.
There's a HF not too far from me. Only time I was there.
Did look like they had a lot of junk there. I avoided it.
I don't need many tools. Got most of them already.
My son is a heavy truck suspension mechanic and goes there pretty
often.
Sometimes he'll spend big bucks for a Snap-on or Matco because it's
exactly what he needs now and the truck is right there.
But he laughs at over a hundred for a Snap-on wrecking bar when he
can get a non-shiny one for 15 bucks at HF.
They all break the same.

Cheap Chinese hand and power tools are here to stay. Fight it if you
want. Just remember when you feel good about buying that Craftsman,
DeWalt, Makita, etc, etc, the feeling goes away when see "Made in
China" somewhere on the box.
Watch for the "Made on China" mark on Snap-on too.

--Vic