Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Klingspor Sanding Belts / $29 for 30 belts (!?)

On 11/24/2010 4:32 PM, Artemus wrote:

..... As for belts I have found that
the glue joint on the belt (anybody's, not just Klingspors) usually
fails after a few minutes of use when the belt gets a year or two old.
As I don't use my belt sander often I don't buy belts in bulk, just one
or two at a time from the local HW store.
BTW, busted belts last a looooooong time when sanding at the lathe.

My 6 x48 20 year old belt that came apart has been working fine for
months now and all I did was glue it with some super glue gel. I did it
on a lark for a temp fix expecting it to fail in a hurry. My first
attempt did fail, but it was done haphazardly. It lasted long enough
for me to think it might work if I took more care in glue up, so I took
my time, and clamped it together. Damned thing works good as new.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com