Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Moving a Bridgeport Style machine... (and other questions)

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:16:07 -0600, Ignoramus7187
wrote:

Easy to move it on a wrecker (I did that once when I bought my old
Bridgeport).

Easy to solve the three phase problem in at least two ways, phase
converter and VFD.

If I did not have concrete floor, I would at least want 1.5 inches of
plywood with sthe assurance that it will not rot in the long run.

And put 4x4s /6x6s under the floor and well shimmed. Then reshim next
spring.

Or..cut a 4'x4' hole in the floor and pour a slab under it

BPs weigh a ton..literally...and its in a relatively small
footprint..which makes supporting them easy..but puts all the weight in
a very small area

Floor loading of around 450 pounds per square foot for the mill, 500# of
table load and some odds and ends like collet racks, DRO, VFD, etc.