Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CordPro -- Extension cord storage & usage

Denis G. wrote:
On Nov 25, 6:49 am, rangerssuck wrote:
I recently started storing my seemingle endless supply of extensions
like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaEv9wm6gy0
They hang on a hook, and are always ready to go and tangleproof.

That's a cool method for storing and using cords, but it seems like a
bit of work. Maybe with practice it would become second-nature.

I agree, with the cool & bit-of-work parts. It's also not clear whether
it would hang as well/compactly as plain looped cord.

When I loop cords I get about 6' per loop, taking 17 loops to do 100'.
The technique on the video took about 24 "loops", so maybe a little
slower. Much more convenient when un-looping though - I always have to
be so careful about playing out to avoid tangles.

Bottom line for me: it's worth a try.

Bob