John McCoy

Default "safe" bookcase dimesions?

(Lily Fern) wrote in
om:

3) the bookcase is loaded down with heavy books on the bottom 2
shelves, AND we have it tilted slightly backwards until we resolve
this. (It came with 2 leveling feet in the front.) I don't know the
exact angle, but it's about 1 inch closer to the wall at the top than
the bottom. Yet even with it tilted backwards, it tilts forward a good
half inch when the doors are opened. So yes, it would definitely have
to be secured in some way.

Wow - those must be very heavy doors. I wonder if it would be
possible to replace the glass with lucite or some other plastic,
and reduce the weight, thus improving stability.

John