Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default 'elf & safety - TV tower style

John Rumm :
On 24/11/2010 23:00, Mike Barnes wrote:
John :
On 24/11/2010 18:26, Mike Barnes wrote:
Mike :
Scariest thing I've ever seen - watch in fullscreen or full effect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uccjrp5NRYE

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by
TheOnLineEngineer.org."

Shame.

Ere you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQzPB7RkFKA

[Gulp]

I guess those men must have simply *no* fear of heights. If they had any
fear at all, the extreme height and lack of protection would render them
incapable of doing anything useful.

What's more scary is the thought of climbing down again, when you'd be
forced to look down and it would be nowhere near as easy to see where
you were putting your feet.

Perhaps its just the realisation that once you are over 30' the outcome
is much the same if you fall off. The only variable is how long you get
to contemplate the mistake!

For most people that realisation doesn't do you much good, and I'd say
the border line was rather higher than that. Vertiginous feelings aren't
purely the result of rational thought.

--
Mike Barnes