Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike[_12_] mike[_12_] is offline

Default older motherboard with intel chipset

Meat Plow wrote:

infinst.exe is just the Intel chipset driver. I've been dealing with Dell
for 11 years and I've not seen a situation where XP Pro would not install
on a Dell PC that came with XP Home installed. Only anti-piracy theme
Dell has used was to protect their OEM operating system disc from being
used to install on non-Dell computers.

Well, so much for that theory then...
So, how do you go about installing to a Dell puter with an Intel
chipset? Or am I totally f'dup in thinking that there's extra work
involved in getting a MS os working on an intel MB?

Mike