Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill[_3_] buffalobill[_3_] is offline

Default another cast iron radiator question

On Nov 24, 4:04*pm, Joe wrote:
I've got a seperate loop of my wood boiler system that goes to a
little used upstairs bedroom. It has a shut off where it branches off
the main line to the house. It has always worked fine, and I just just
bled it last week until water came out the bleeder. Now I cant get any
water out (I can hear air) , and I can hear the water (or air bubbles)
gurgling around in the radiator and pipes. I've tried bleeding it with
the main line to the house closed off to increase pressure going to
this bedroom loop, but nothing works. Its very strange, since it just
worked last week. It is getting some water, as parts of the radiator
are getting hot. Sometimes it sounds like the water is actually going
down when I open the bleeder instead of up. I have noticed a suction
on the bleeder screw at times though most of the time air definitely
comes out. My boiler is full.

I heard similar sounds when I was running the boiler pump off an
inverter once during a power outage, and the pump couldnt run full
bore. BUt my pump is working fine in the rest of the house (fine as it
ever does).

buffalo ny: in my three story building, the fresh water feeder must be
open, the circulating pump must be on, and the burner must be on for
there to be sufficient pressure for the water to reach the top floor
to allow the air to be bled out.