Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"Mark Lloyd" wrote
BTW, I don't think 3DTV is worthwhile. Maybe if they made it work without
the glasses.

I was in a Best Buy store and they had a 3D set playing. Without glasses,
it looked like a poor 2D. I did not see any glasses around to try and did
not want to get a salesperson and have to listen to them. It is also
recommended to limit the time watching the 3D to a couple of hours a day as
it can bother the eyes.

I wonder if I'll be able to get prescription 3D glasses in the future.
Right now, it is still a novelty, but in a few years . . . . .

I was pretty impressed with 3D in the store. Coolest thing was
"upconverting." With 3D source material, you see things receding into
the screen as well as being projected out in front. However, with *any*
HD source, the system can create a 3D image that recedes only. Still
very realistic.

I'm wondering whether the active vs. passive glasses systems will be
another Beta/VHS showdown, or if both will proliferate. It'd be duck
soup to make prescription passive glasses, I think.