Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans Morgans is offline

Default Klingspor Sanding Belts / $29 for 30 belts (!?)

"Artemus" wrote

They're quite legit. I buy my sheet and ROS sandpaper from them
in bulk and have been very satisfied. As for belts I have found that
the glue joint on the belt (anybody's, not just Klingspors) usually
fails after a few minutes of use when the belt gets a year or two old.
As I don't use my belt sander often I don't buy belts in bulk, just one
or two at a time from the local HW store.
BTW, busted belts last a looooooong time when sanding at the lathe.

Run a little thin CA glue on the seam of old belts before you start. It
helps.

The Loctite at wally-world is pretty good.
--
Jim in NC