Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default Darn thieves!

In article ,
Evan wrote:
On Nov 24, 4:07*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

Excellent points. I take it, then, that the guard rails are also made of
Aluminum for exactly the same reasons?

Guard rails are two to three times THICKER than a traffic sign and
are designed to be structural components that take load and deflect
a wayward vehicle... There is MUCH more of a guard rail to rust
away which is why they last longer -- they do rust though...

~~ Evan

In my town the T-section posts that are used to hold street signs are
made of painted steel. They seem to last indefinitely, at least 20 or 30
years, even though they are set directly in concrete. How in the world do
they ever last so long without being made of aluminum?