Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Outlets with wall switches

In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 21:40:36 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

But it is a proven fact that many electrical devices do last a lot
longer if they are never turned off.

Name three, and provide credible references.

I'll start with ONE - Computer hard drives.

I asked you for three, because I'd knew you'd trot that antique one out.
(And unfortunately, all the other electronic components in a computer
suffer more from being left on.)

You claimed MANY. Where are the others? I'm not doing your homework for
you; you're the one that made the claim. Are power surges and thermal
cycling hard on things? Sure, but that hardly substantiates your wild
assertion that things last longer if left on.