Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Attaching drop ear 90 to concrete block wall

Sorry last post was truncated...

I have to attach some brass fittings to concrete block walls. Those are
"drop ear 90" at the end of copper water supply lines that look like this:

http://www.plumbinghelp.ca/images/Drop%20ear%2090.jpg

I tried using TAPCON screws but the shalft is too big for the small holes.
I could put some 1/2" furring backing on but that would require me to move
all the plumbing on that wall out (shower valve, diverter, hand shower, body
sprays, overhead shower etc...).

Any idea how to attach these to the concrete block walls when these holes
are so tiny? I guess I can drill bigger holes, but if there is an obvious
answer I missed would appreciate a heads up.

Thanks in advance,

MC