Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Harbor Freight Multi tool

Vic Smith wrote in
:

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:00:13 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

HF on sale this weekend with coupon for $19.99.

That's a good deal.

Since I just did some sawing of door stops to put new thresholds in
I'll pipe up about mine.
It's the "variable speed" "high end" model from HF.
Went big time because as I recall it less failures and DOA's than the
cheaper one according to the reviews.
It was 59 or 69 bucks, can't remember.
Don't think it's really "variable."'
More like high/low speeds - as far as I can tell the switch has 2
fixed positions. Think I used both and there was no big difference.
Cut through the stops like butter using the straight blade.
Think the stops are oak, but they're old and dry.
I should have coped them, but didn't want to pull them off.
Don't worry, I've got good matching color wood putty.
If you've seen multi-tool commercials where they put the blade against
their skin - don't do it. It can make you bleed.
Remember to turn it off before you start to lay it aside.

For a good time call 800-HF-TOOLS

Take the blade off. Put it in your pants pocket and turn it on.

So it was real handy for that job. I scribed the stops and the blade
went right through the marks. No real deviation, and the blade even
had no trouble trimming an extra 1/16" or so on a couple that were too
tight.
It will bounce a bit if you relax your grip too much so I scratched
the door frames a little bit.
Don't worry, I've got good matching color marker pens.

I bought this mostly because I anticipated the stop cutting and
cleaning some grout.
But I really like the triangular sander. Gets in tight spots.
Dangerous. Could get me doing stuff my natural laziness has
saved me from doing.

Can't say how long it will last, but I like it.
If it works good cleaning out the grout in the bathroom, I'll get my
money back.

--Vic