Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[snip]

Does not matter much to me anyway. I've become a bit of an HD snob. The
difference between SD and HD is so significant, I avoid most shows not
available in HD these days. I've been watching Great Migrations tonight
and was wowed by some of the visual quality and detail of the finest
stuff,
like blades of grass, animal fur, etc. We've come a long way from the
12" B &W with Milton Berle.

I like the increaded spatial resolution, but find other things more
inportant. Things like the way the picture is much more stable (not wiggling
around all the time like analog video), and better color. One of the first
things I saw in HD was a football game, where the grass was green instead of
a sick yellow.

BTW, I don't think 3DTV is worthwhile. Maybe if they made it work without
the glasses.

--
31 days until The winter celebration (Saturday December 25, 2010
12:00:00 AM).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"If there's room for doubt -- doubt!"