Posted to rec.woodworking
KIMOSABE KIMOSABE is offline

Default Klingspor Sanding Belts / $29 for 30 belts (!?)

Has anyone here ever used Klingspor sanding belts? I got a catalog in
the mail and they look like a legit place. In addition to selling a
lot of stuff they also say that they are a manufacturer of abrasives
and have a deal where you can get 30 assorted belts for $29. I would
usually think that belts for that price would have to be junk, but
they make a pretty good case for their stuff. So I went online, and
their site is awful, but the rest of what they sell doesn't look like
junk, so maybe this is a real deal.

I would recommend requesting a catalog, It's put together a lot
better than the site was.

Belts:
http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-b...onthsBetween=0

If you go to the site, it's worth a click to look at "Customer
Projects."

These belts are manufactured from the same "industrial" material as
our other belts. To increase our manufacturing efficiency, we can use
the smaller "leftover" pieces to make these standard size belts for
your portable belt sanders. This helps us use up material and helps
you because we can make these out of our best material very
inexpensively.

Includes one 5 pack of the following grits: 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, &
180