Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Moving a Bridgeport Style machine... (and other questions)

Pete C. wrote:

(...)

Removing the head and ram assembly reduces the COG a lot which is
also helpful and pretty easy to do with an engine hoist.

I removed & replaced the head on my Jet JVM-836
without an engine hoist. I placed wood cribbing
under the head and ran the table up to take the
load off the ram.

Fasteners out and lower the table with the head
on it. Installation was also drama - free.

Easy peasy.

I ASSume that I could dead - lift the ram off the
column without assistance, if that became necessary.

--Winston