Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Darn thieves!

On Nov 23, 2:27*pm, "Cory" wrote:
"Evan" wrote in message

On Nov 22, 8:17 pm, "Cory" wrote:

I must not have explained, the posts & blocks on the back of the guardrails
are wood. Still, I understand what you say about welding. Guardrails are
bolted together on site, and are made to come apart when repairs need to be
done.

We have truck mounted welders, but I'm sure they wouldn't tack weld them.
Would have to go through and change all the bolts to aluminum, then
welding. Probably have 20K or more of these mounted. I sure it would work,
but not cost efficient.

I haven't seen it mentioned and may have missed something here but...

Aluminum is good priced scrap metal. Why not replace it with
galvanised iron/steel? Not much money in that and cheaper

Harry K