Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default hot water heat leak

Mark Rand wrote:

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 07:31:17 -0600, "Pete C." wrote:

It's better to learn to use the solder that you will be able to get the
next time you need it, and particularly so you don't end up using the
lead solder the next time you have a potable water plumbing fix to do.
The Lead free solder works fine, I've used it numerous times for more
than 20 years without any problems.

The water main to my house is lead, what difference would lead-free solder
make :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Not much. So that's why the folks I have to deal with in the UK are a
bit "off"... I hope you use a good filter in your house...