Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Households will be turning up the heat" - ffs why???

Nightjar "cpb"@ insertmysurnamehere wrote:
On 24/11/2010 15:26, jgharston wrote:
Money Box Live on the Radio. Started with the announcer saying:
"As winter comes, households will be turning up the heat".

FFS WHY???

This is one of the few things that makes me want to actually
pick up the radio and throw it against a wall.
25degrees was fine for the summer, why on earth will I be
wanting to turn the heating up higher for the winter?

When you move in/install heating, you set the roomstat to
whatever you find comfortable, and then leave the fecking
thing alone.

Agh!!!!!

Why does whatever you set the heating to in July suddenly
become too cold in December? *IT'*S *THE* *SAME* *FECKING*
*TEMPERATURE*!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which has very little to do with human comfort. I find 18C to be a
comfortable temperature for my car in summer, but in winter, that feels
cold and it is set to 24C at the moment.

Colin Bignell

That's on account of the humidity gov.

I find that you can knock a degree off the comfort zone for every 10%
humidity there is.

Cheap way to feel warmer in winter is indoor plants: they feed moisture
into the air.