Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
F. Bertolazzi F. Bertolazzi is offline

Default There IS Justice

flipper:

Zowie!. Is that a flat rate per transaction or are you giving an
'average'. I mean, what if the damn (used) car is only worth $600 to
begin with?

Huh. I promised myself that I was going to just look who would eventually
answer. But your fascist provocation is too much.

No, dear, it's not like there, where you get a kind letter from the DMV
asking to give them some money by personal check, enclosed prestamped
envelope, or phone your CC number, and, after 10 years (yes, I bought a car
almost that old) they send you a letter that does not tell you "if you are
so poor that you still drive that jalopee (is it the correct spelling? I
got the word from "cuars tuolk" from the NPR, to whom I gave $100 every 6
months) it's ok, but we are not going to harrass you any longer, loser",
but something infinitely more polite.

No, here, even if the car is 30 years old, you still pay exactly the same
(well, almost, let's say 10 times more) than when it was new. Because, if
you have a jalopee, you're still a capitalist, Enemy of The People.

So, if you barter that luxury jalopee for an amount of even lousyer money
you still have to pay the same fraction of your crime against The People,
even if that's twice as much as the car's value.

In general, private is private here and they take the profit/loss.
They're also highly regulated.

The Public regulates the Private, and there's nothing Jefferson (I lived
less than 20 miles from Monticello) would say against it.

Much worse is when the Public should regulate a privapublica that's head
and shoulder (practically, certainly not morally) above "him".

Thanks, too late, I will mark your post as "not yet read".

And yes, the fact that the State has the monopoly of violence implies that
no violence can be done against the trustees of that monopoly.