Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Darn thieves!

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:28:29 -0800 (PST), Evan
wrote:

On Nov 23, 8:41Â*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
After reading the others replies, I think the longest term solution is
to take a couple troopers, and go visit the local scrap yards. When
the scrap yards stop buying, the thieves will stop, we hope.

Are the guard rails metal, or concrete?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

That will only work in that one state... A determined and organized
thief will continue to steal and simply take them to a less strict
scrap yard or will shred the metal first and sell it bulk in
containers
where it is unrecognizable as something which is stolen and should
not be recycled...

Taking the time to weld the fasteners in place to retain the
reflectors
to the guard rail will require the thieves to carry additional
equipment
which will demonstrate a clear intent to steal as they would need a
grinder or a torch to remove the welded fasteners... This will make
finding the thieves easier in the long run as it isn't something which
can be done out of a little Honda hatchback...

~~ Evan

Or a Harley