Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Output transformer ambiguity

On 11/23/2010 8:10 PM Sjouke Burry spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 11/23/2010 6:35 PM Sjouke Burry spake thus:

Netherlands uses the comma only in text,
never to indicate fractions.

But we're not talking about fractions; we're talking about decimals.

Or are those terms equivalent in your country?

Decimal is a type of fraction.

Technically, yes. But if you say (or write) "fraction", most English
speakers expect something in the form x/y, not x.y or x,y.

In other words, decimals are special cases of fractions, with their own
formatting.