Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Cutting board knot hole filler

"http://www.Towood.com/ Export Furniture" wrote in
message
On Nov 23, 10:16 am, "Josepi" wrote:
I believe there was a thread about work-bench dog holes earlier.

Perhaps a multi-usage for it?

"Otto" wrote in message

Thank you all for the thoughts and insights.

Surprisingly, the wood has some 'sentimental' value. Comes from a tree
in the back yard. So I don't want to trash it.

I'm going to do the rout-out and plug option.

Otto

On Nov 22, 4:38 pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
How about drilling out the knots and replacing them with maple plugs?

i think it's better not use glue in your cutting board .

Nor use glue???

Cutting boards are traditionally laminated from strips of hardwood. Glue is
used to hold the hardwood strips together. Otherwise you would need a piece
of wood that is very wide. And that would lead to super cupping and
warping.

Unless, of course, you have a secret solution that would prevent said
cupping and warping.