Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.railway,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
J. P. Gilliver (John) J. P. Gilliver (John) is offline

Default Wikipedia?

In message , Ian Jelf
writes:
[]
Birmingham Banking Company, one of the constituents of what became the
Midland. The initials "BBC" can still be seen carved in a stone
pediment in their former offices at the corner of Bennett's Hill and
Waterloo Street in Birmingham.

You remind me of a faded remnant of UK electronics: For a long time
after Mullard ceased to be, one of its former buildings near the
Tottenham Court Road end of Torrington Place used to have the faded
remains/shadow/whatever of a Philips sign on its front. (Mullard became
part of Philips.) It's no longer visible - the building (part of a local
university I think, now) had a new surface some years ago - but I always
used to think there was a little history there when I saw it. (I park
along there - well, Bedford square - on my rare visits to the area.)
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar@T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.