Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace question (generator life span)

I've heard good things about Onan. As to the wind and yank engines. I
had a lawn mower like that. I found that I was able to saw off a 3/8
socket extension, and chuck it in my big 1/2 inch drill. Socket on the
end of that, to spin the flywheel nut. Made it much easier to start
the mower. Of course, during a power cut, this is much less useful.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message ...

An old ONAN will do the job too. I don't know how many hundred hours
are on my old beast - it was used as a construction site generator for
over 20 years and it still runs great. A bugger to start though with
just a rope pull - not even a recoil!!