Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ViewSonic N3252W

JW wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It says the input is DC coupled. You need AC coupling, or a very
wide adjustment of the vertical position to see just the ripple.

True, that would be best, but even DC coupled, looking across a filter cap
that would normally have 50VDC across it, it would be fairly easy to see 5
volts of ripple. Would probably be trivial to modify the scope or probe
and put a small ceramic cap inline.

A small ceramic capacitor? For a scope with an attached probe and no
publihed input impedance?

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!