Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Wireless dial test indicator

The received wireless mouse signal (possibly only X or Y) would require some
sort of D/A conversion, would it not?
I dunno about the EMI-RFI issues.. someone here with a PC in their shop
could probably comment on that.

A tiny low voltage gearmotor to operate the variable current pot might work,
but you could likely do it with circuitry, handy as you are with electronic
stuff.

The motor idea just popped into my gourd as I was thinking about a
stabilized output variac I have, that operates by a small (non-digital)
circuit board and a small motor.

I'd temporarily forgotten about the rotating indicator's relationship to the
spindle.. thanks for the reminder.

--
WB

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:23:27 -0500, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

Probably a really cool device, although the photos in the article don't
show
much.. but there's a video (click on pic of the instrument on a mill
table)
that shows actual use of the instrument or this link.

http://machinedesign.com/video/inven...nhoff-llc-1021
Product name : Vyndicator

Dunno why they chose to make a demo video with the sensor mounted in a
drill
chuck though.
Apparently the chuck is an accurate one, because they do demonstrate
centering a hole in as axial indicator demo.

The chuck is just a convenient way to mount the indicator. Its runout
doesn't matter for getting the spindle axis and bore coaxial.

I've been anticipating wireless oscilloscope and DMM probes for quite a
while.. they may exist, but I haven't actively been searching for them.

I want a cordless TIG current control. It seems there's always a rat's
nest of cables underfoot when I'm welding, and eliminating the foot
pedal cable would be a big help. Would a cordless mouse work in that
electrical environment?

--
Ned Simmons