Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Wireless dial test indicator

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:23:27 -0500, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

Probably a really cool device, although the photos in the article don't show
much.. but there's a video (click on pic of the instrument on a mill table)
that shows actual use of the instrument or this link.

http://machinedesign.com/video/inven...nhoff-llc-1021
Product name : Vyndicator

Dunno why they chose to make a demo video with the sensor mounted in a drill
chuck though.
Apparently the chuck is an accurate one, because they do demonstrate
centering a hole in as axial indicator demo.

The chuck is just a convenient way to mount the indicator. Its runout
doesn't matter for getting the spindle axis and bore coaxial.

I've been anticipating wireless oscilloscope and DMM probes for quite a
while.. they may exist, but I haven't actively been searching for them.

I want a cordless TIG current control. It seems there's always a rat's
nest of cables underfoot when I'm welding, and eliminating the foot
pedal cable would be a big help. Would a cordless mouse work in that
electrical environment?

--
Ned Simmons