Al Reid

Default OT - Is this representative of US public opinion? UK Newspaper Front Page

"Renata" wrote in message ...
We should not be cutting revenue intake at the same time we are

The point that is almost always missed is that each time taxes (marginal tax rates, etc.) have been cut, the end result is more
revenues, not less.

shoveling money out the door.

I agree that spending is completely out of control. Fortunately, a rising economy and lower taxes will help to bring things back
into balance.

Renata

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 02:54:20 GMT, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Sweetie, I don't need the rich's money, whether they're evil or not
(though, hey, if someone's handing out spare bags of cash, count me
in).

But, we can't afford to be giving money to the rich,

GIVE MONEY TO THE RICH!!!????? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? The
government ain't printing cash and mailing it in bags to the "rich". It
is simply taking less of the money that they have earned.

Here's a statistic for you in the same flavor as the more than slightly
biased article that started this fest:

% of wage earners paying 65% of federal income taxes: 10%. That's
right 10% of wage earners are paying well above half of all income
taxes.

% of wage earners paying 96% of federal income taxes: 50% Of course
the lower wage earners aren't getting "big" tax breaks, they don't pay
much of the tax to begin with.

a token pfenning
to the rest (so a claim can be made that all share in the tax cut),
while increasing spending out the wazoo and shelling out big bucks for
a couple of foreign skirmishes.

Notice that all the states are doing all kinds of "fund raising" (like
increasing state income tax, adding all kinds of fees, etc.) to make
up for shortfalls, and these burdens have much more impact on the
normal everyday worker, who's enjoying his 100 tax cut and shelling
out a few hundred back to the states and localities.

So keeping federal taxes high is going to help this how?