Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Anyone here rebuild a F163 engine

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 21:39:16 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

My SA200 is leaking oil from front and rear seals. Will probably put an
additive in there, but am not expecting a lot. Has anyone rebuilt one of
these four bangers? Doesn't look like anything complicated. I've rebuilt
about half a dozen V-8's in my life, the old 283/327 Chevies. Parts seem
be available, probably even from NAPA.

Ideas appreciated. I know it will cost a bit, but compared to a new one,
it
will be less, and I like this old gal. If the back half checks out, I may
spring for it. I'm guessing $500. Anyone know the real price?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

$500 for what? The seals? $75 at most for all the seals you are gonna
need and then some.

Gunner

Gasket set, new mains, seals, rod bearings. Might as well go through it
while it's apart.

Steve